Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My BFF Rachel

Rachel has been my best friend every since senior high school, although we had met before that in junior high school.  She's one of the few friends from school I still regularly see, so it's been really cool to be able to stay in touch.

That's us in grade 12 five years ago.  See I think it's fair to use a totally goofy photo of her because she seriously always posed hilariously.  Plus I look like douche haha.  In those five years we've done completely different things with our lives, but I feel that our differences are more strengths than weaknesses the majority of the time.  She's married to her high school sweetheart Michael - who is the loveliest man (just like my Jus-Jus).  I was a bridesmaid at her wedding, which was beautiful (and she'll definitely be bridesmaid at mine!).


She's awesome because I can always be honest with her and talk to her about pretty much anything.  She's been through so much and has to be one of the strongest woman I know, so I really look up to her. This year she became a mum to a wonderful little boy named Cameron.  So far I've learnt so much from her, she has to be the most organised and well researched mother I know - I will definitely be coming to her for advice some day!  And Cameron is lovely.. he makes me all gooey because he always has the sweetest smiles for me - I love being his Aunt Schmil Schmil :D



Things might have changed for both of us, but we still pretty much do the same ol' thing.  We like the same stupid movies and tv shows, she always makes me laugh with how well she remembers hilarious one-liners.  And her husband likes the same silly video games as me, so I feel I got a good deal by the two of them marrying each other (Cause you know it's totally about me).  However we seem to be migrating more towards the baby and toy sections at the shops - which is totally cool by me even if I do get very very misty-eyed looking at all the cute stuff.  Xx

2 comments:

  1. I love love LOVE your blog hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I lol'd when you said you look up to me... because you're short... and I'm a cruel friend like that.

    But you're awesome and you're super strong too. You ground me and are always real with me and I hope we are friends for many many many more moons.

    Words cannot express what a great friend you are to me and what you teach me. I lubbers you like a lubbers you thing.

    ReplyDelete