Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Passing Time - Pictionary

When I met Justin I was thrilled to find someone that loves playing board games.  I'd been dying to play quite a few games for a while and over time we've collected a couple of different games.  Unfortunately most games aren't friendly for under four people, which for now is a bit of a hard task.  For example, Pictionary.  It's a game played in pairs, where one player has to guess what the other player is drawing (it's written on a card the drawer picks up) and they have three minutes to convey their message through drawings.  Our solution to not having anyone else to play with is to have 'practice runs' where we pick a card and draw something for the other to guess.  Today I'm presenting you with two of our masterpieces:

Now I know what you're thinking... 
What the hell is that?  Why is it's mouth so big?  Is it an animal?  But wait, it's only got either two legs and a tail or three legs?  Why does it appear to be floating.. wait is it a ghost?
These are all valid guesses.. It may surprise you to learn that this is my Justin's interpretation of the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.  Furthermore it may surprise you that I somehow managed to see that and guess the answer which was Alice in Wonderland.  It's not the first miracle I've performed, I managed to get Little Red Riding Hood out of two lines and a mini-tunnel.  Or at least that's what it probably looked like to everyone else!

I wish I could boast that my other half was as skilled as I am at the art of reading min-  I mean deciphering pictographs.  Despite my best efforts to be an artist, sometimes we're just not on the same page.  Take the above picture - the category is Action and the answer is Ouch.  You're thinking holy crap, that's pretty hard to draw, but I do see where you were going with this Silvia.. why.. it's a man holding his sore knee!  Thanks, I know you were totally thinking that.  My darling partner?  Somehow he was fixated on thinking that this was a pregnant woman (A one-legged woman at that).  A pregnant woman with a leg sticking out of her non-existent belly.. wait.. it must be labour! LABOUR! LABOUR! I think I died of laughter afterwards.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment