Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Toowong Cemetery - Part 3 - Interesting Finds

Yeah you better believe I'm milking this cemetery business for all it's worth lol.
Today's blog will be about some of the more 'interesting' finds of the day.  First up we have the gravestone of Edward McGregor - an amazing sculpture with a supposedly uncanny likeness to the deceased.  There is an urban legend surrounding this guy, that he supposedly changes the position of his head every now and then - some guy swears tooth and nail it winked at him, but I've yet to see him move!


Then I have a set of graves that totally made me think of chest pieces, framed by the freaky sky that afternoon.  NB: I did not do anything to enhance that photo, it just seriously looked SO weird that day!

And lastly, (and rather controversially) - this little beauty from the inside of the monument right at the front of the cemetery near Edward McGregor:


It reads: PUP - A faithful canine friend maliciously poisoned.
I am dying (no pun intended) to know what the hell happened here.  Why was the dog poisoned?  Who did it?  Was it even poisoned or was it the suspicious mind of its previous owner?  I guess I'll never know, but for now the drama of this little monument is enough to keep me sustained.

No comments:

Post a Comment