Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day Walks in Brisbane - Apex Park

Today was my last day with my parents until we come back from out Hamilton Island trip (Wee!  8 days to go!).   Justin came to spend the day in the great area of Logan/Beaudesert, so we decided we'd go check out the new parklands they've made in Browns Plains - Apex Park.


From what I understand there's plains to extend the industrial park in that section so they are doing something similar to what they've done at Seventeen Mile Rocks and made a lot of the area next to it a parkland reserve.  So there's a big track going around a central lake/wetlands.  There's lots of nice trees and some wildlife - mostly birds from what I could see, despite a board saying there were heaps of different animals there.


This is my cute patootie demonstrating the walking track - for some reason it looks like I'm skipping, I can assure you I'm not..


And here Justin is making a normalish pose on the little bridge along the track.. kind of reminded us of the UQ St Lucia bridge in miniature!

No comments:

Post a Comment