Friday, June 11, 2010

Mum

Ever since I moved out of home, I find that going home and spending time with my family is one of the nicest things I get to do.  I've also found that my mum and I have a better relationship - she's definitely my bestest friend in the whole wide world.


We're sometimes complete opposites.  She's crazy and lively, she has so much energy and laughs at everything.  I'm serious and quiet, I tend to be very inwards and reflective.  But in some ways I also notice mannerisms and actions that I've started doing that remind me of my mum - it's funny how we become our parents without even trying (or wanting!).


She's clever and very crafty - she has the capacity to master any craft or skill she sets her mind to.. she's a fantastic knitter, she creates wonderful masterpieces from quilling, she can paint glass and makes cards.  My mum cries in kids movies, she sings kids songs (and often gets the words wrong), she's taken care of and raised a few generations of Indian ring-necks and Alexanderines.

No matter how crappy my day has been or what is bothering me she always makes me laugh and often that's exactly what I need.  She likes the same stupid movies as me and she makes badly translated Spanish jokes that make me laugh at their ability to be SO very lost in translation.  I love my mum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment