Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Rattikins: Coco

We have three female rats in our family, todays blog will be about Miss Coco (aka Coco Pop, Coco Monster and Coco Puff). I chose her first because it turns out she's the most photogenic - well she must be because I have 5 photos to 1 of the other two girls! (Although the food in the above picture probably has a lot to do with it).



I lubs Coco. She has these little eyes that pop out slightly more than the other two and she is the smallest of the three. I think this is because Coco prefers to have adventures and test her limits rather than chow down on food all day. Unfortunately my little munchkin is the most unwell of the three - she has Respiratory Mycoplasmosis (So does her sister Creamy but Coco's is much worse). It's a common disease in rats and they all apparently have the genetics for it, but it is up to the individual immune system whether they will present with symptoms or not. So every couple of months she will start sneezing and wheezing, which means we have to start her on antibiotics. But she's very brave and takes them well :)

Above she is giving smoochies to her Aunt Sian ;) Coco has probably given me the most strife out of all of them for her escape antics. She's made it behind the dishwasher in the kitchen, even managed to climb into the walls through a powerpoint her daddy left open. She's escaped upstairs to the apartment above us and I've spent hours sitting in front of small holes trying to coax her out with food. She is a little troublemaker but I wouldn't have her any other way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment