Monday, May 24, 2010

Origin Scarf DIY

Last year I said I was going to knit my boyfriend Justin a scarf for the Origin football matches. I got about 10 rows in and then said 'To hell with this!' and hid my sad little scarf in a box for a year. I have not lived this failure down, even last Saturday my dad brought it up when we saw some Origin merchandise >.>

Well yesterday I decided I was going to give it another go, but this time with knitting needles double the size (10) instead of 5.5 needles.

Armed with the book I gave my mother for christmas (Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book) and a great deal of patience I managed to cast on my knitting (after about 10 attempts) and did about 10cm of knitting. Yay! And as promised a photo of my crap-tastic creation so far.



Note the way it looks all puffy up close (Thoughts: I think it's because I haven't got my tension consistent?). Hopefully sometime in the near future I can show the finished result. For now this is how I spent 2.5 hours today instead of studying lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment