Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Week That Was - 23 to 29 August

Wow, I have been soooo very busy this week.  Yet again I skipped class to do work (and possibly to have fun, but details details).  I had my first 'Intro to Visual Communication' assignment due on Friday and I think I did okay!  It was a 2 minute video pitch and I found it really odd that I was one of the only people I saw that actually picked up a video camera?  Apparently there was a loophole that as long as you used a video editing software you could use still images.  Some video project huh?


After my hand-in I treated myself to a grocery shop and a boost smoothie (picture above).  OMG banana buzz how I love thee :D  I also love the pasta bake I made with our new oven - ooooooh yeah!

So despite how busy I was it didn't stop me doing two things:
1. Oogling craft books.. found this great book about making felt toys.

 

DO WANT TO MAKE THESE! So cute :D
And 2:  Watching Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World with Patrick



This movie was seriously AWESOME!  Maybe it's cause I'm you know part of the generation of Nintendo and Sega at it's finest - but also exposed to the arcade games and Atari by my parents.  I just absolutely adore the stylistic choices in this movie, and the music/sound is freaking incredible.  I was seriously blown away the entire movie and I'm dying to see it again - watching it in cinema is quite the experience! (Note: Dear Boyfriend, stop reading here thanks! xx) FYI I think I have the biggest crush on Brandon Routh (he's the second last guy in that pic).  So freaking hot, plus the first time you see him he's playing a guitar!  Ignore that he's a jerk - he's practically my dream boyfriend.  Did I mention he's freaking hot?
(Note: Boyfriend can read from here onwards!! xx)
Last but only due to timelines (I did this today!), I've been starting work on my storyboard for film class.  
I'm working with this other guy, on a story about a kid trying to buy alcohol from a liquor store (he's underage) in a spaghetti western style - so lots of dramatic close ups and gunshot sounds lol.  Think the stand-off scene in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly; then you've got the right idea.  So today was background day!!



I put in that last picture so you can appreciate that I am literally working off tiny crappy little scribbles to make these.  Apparently the 2 years I spent doing interior design taught me something about scale and perspective drawings - yay!  These are just my drafts, so I can run something visual past my partner and then make the final pictures (that's why there's no people).  Also people aren't exactly my strength as you can see by my amazing stick people in the picture above.

And that wraps up this week!  Now to do some cleaning and dig out my neglected German book from my epic paperwork pile.  Eek! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment