Friday, July 9, 2010

Ripley's and Timezone

The last time that I went to Ripley's on the Gold Coast was probably about 12-14 years ago.  I didn't remember anything about the place, but I did know that I thought it was the bomb-diggity.  Fast forward to 2010, Ripley's have spent about six months redoing the entire place because of the new construction going on around it.  I've been dying to go since they reopened in February, so I firmly persisted with my friend Patrick until he agreed to come check out the place (He'd never been so he was the perfect candidate, plus I may have bribed him by promising a visit to the massive Timezone there lol).  Behold some highlights from Ripley's!

Badass Shrunken Head.  It's like seriously the size of a computer mouse or something.




This is a tiny painting, with Pat standing in as my comparison!



An amazing sculpture of Dame Edna made entirely of chicken wire.  The detail on the glasses is great.
This wedding dress is made entirely out of toilet paper!  Patrick joked that I had found my dream dress - I can guarantee for those taking note that I wouldn't be caught dead with pink on my dream dress :P


Pat on the dodgem cars.  I don't think I've seen him more happy than when he realised Timezone had dodgem cars lol!  Had to take a photo of this momentous occasion.


Me at the wheel of a dodgem car.. yes I was aiming for a cheesy photo haha!  I actually drove these surprisingly well, if only dodgem cars were the norm on our roads.


Patrick lining up the shot for the final hole on 18-hole putt putt.  This is a tricky shot because of the slope before the hole.  It was a really up and down game and we actually ended up tying at 52 points each.


No comments:

Post a Comment